Monday, April 19, 2010

Lambing is over!! April 17, 2010 (Jen)

Today Pewter gave us 2 absolutely beautiful lambs!! We’ve really been hoping for a grey lamb from her but she’s always given us black. We’d always bred her to Roark before so we bred her to Michael this year. Looks like that did the trick! The first was a very striking little grey and black ewe lamb, we couldn’t believe our luck!


She appeared to be done but about 5 minutes after the first, contractions started again and out came a little black ram lamb. At first we thought he was all black but as she cleaned him off and he dried, we realized he also has grey on him, just not as much. I know they will change as they get older, I just hope they don’t change too much because they are such pretty little lambs!!


There really couldn’t have been a better end to our lambing season….oh but wait. There actually WAS a better ending to our lambing season. Exactly 10 days after lambing, Cybil’s milk dropped!! I could have done the jig I was so happy. I was not looking forward to feeding lambs at 4am before I go to work so this just made my day!

Our total number of live lambs is 18, 10 ewe lambs and 8 ram lambs out of 12 ewes. Not too shabby! Now I get to take a deep breath and relax a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment